Ferment vegetables at home, like sauerkraut, kimchi and pickled vegetables at home with this beautifully handcrafted stoneware DIY fermenter!
Preserve food with one of the oldest, easiest and healthy methods.
In addition to preserving food, the natural lactic acid fermentation allows vegetables to retain more vitamins and minerals than other methods.
Ferment using our handcrafted Fermentation Crock Pots
Due to the lead-free glazed stoneware, these beautiful fermenting pots will stand the test of time!
Because the gutter around the rim is filled with water and the heavy lid placed on top, an air-tight seal forms to protect food from air and decay. (The gutter must be occasionally refilled as water evaporates.)
Vegetables can be left inside to ferment naturally in these crocks in a cool place for months.
This set of crocks comes complete with the pot, lid and internal ceramic weight to keep the vegetables submerged in the brine.
- Each fermenter has 3 components: crock, lid and weight
- For dimensions and weights, see individual crock sizes
- Non-reactive, lead free, high fired stoneware is used
- Note: Sizes are approximate, since this is a handmade, artisanal product
- The crock size refers to the volume of fermentable matter (eg 1l). The vessel itself is larger
- Enhance your healthy lifestyle: Banting, Paleo, Blood Group, Wholefood and others with the food made in these vessels
- Pickle or ferment virtually any vegetable using these crocks
- In addition to the current product set, larger vessels can be made on request
- Handcrafted natural artisanal pickling crocks or fermenting crocks proudly made in South Africa!